By participating in the competition, participants agree to the following terms and conditions.
The 2017 IMF ARAB YOUTH COMPAIGN ON INNOVATION, in collaboration with the Arab Monetary Fund (AMF), is asking young innovators (ages 18 – 35) in the region to share their work through a two (2) minute video.
This is open to young Arab innovators who have demonstrated impact through their work. Applicants must be citizens of the following Arab countries: Algeria, Bahrain (Kingdom of), Comoros, Djibouti, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Mauritania, Morocco, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Somalia, Sudan, Syrian Arab Republic, Tunisia, United Arab Emirates, West Bank & Gaza Strip, and Yemen (Republic of). (Note: The contest is not open to IMF, AMF employees and their families).
There are no fees to participate in the contest. The closing date of the contest is December 8, 2017.
The submissions will be evaluated based on 3 criteria:
- An established innovative and groundbreaking business, organization, initiative, start-up/ app. or an invention
- The relevance, and originality of your work
- A recognizable impact of your work on your community or broader (country).
Your work must address one or more of the following areas:
- Creating jobs
- Empowering women and youth
- Promoting education and knowledge sharing?
- Boosting transparency and anti-corruption measures
- Demonstrating how to address the areas listed above in the context of conflict or fragility.
Group or individual submissions are acceptable. However, group submissions should identify one member as a representative. In the event of a group submission winning, only the stated group representative will be eligible for the prize.
Submitted video can be in Arabic or English languages.
Submissions that don't meet the criteria of innovative and groundbreaking efforts and fail to show impact of their work, will not be considered in the initial selection by the IMF.
The top 10 finalists determined by the IMF based on their innovative thinking and impact will then be reviewed by a committee of judges, including the AMF, to determine the top 3 winning innovators.
- Videos submitted must meet the required technical standards outlined below:
- Aspect ratio: 16x9
- Video dimensions: 640x360
- Format: mp4, H.264
- No longer than 2 minutes
- Participants must have ownership rights to the entries they submit and warrant by submission that they hold these rights.
- Each video must be an original piece of work taken and created by the contestant and shall not have been published elsewhere or won another competition.
- All contestants, whether they use cameras or cell phones, are asked to submit original work that best demonstrates their innovative work in the five areas listed above.
- Videos submitted should be no longer than 2 minutes.
- Each participant is encouraged to use their personal social media account to tweet their videos and use the hashtag #opportunity4mena
- The video contest will be launched October 5, 2017 on the conference website (http://www.imf.org/Opportunity-for-all) and IMF social media accounts.
- The final date for submitting videos into the competition is November 30, 2017 @ 11:59 PM (US EST)
- Top 10 submissions will be identified by December 11, 2017
- Round two judging starts December 12, 2017. Judges select winners by December 21, 2017.
- The top three winners will be announced on December 22, 2017 at http://www.imf.org/Opportunity-for-all. Winners will be also notified by email.
The names of the top 3 winners will be announced on December 22, 2017. The winners will receive the following:
- Three (3) day trip to Marrakesh, Morocco to present at the Opportunity For All Conference (January 29-30, 2018).
- To be eligible for this prize, participants must have a valid passport and be able to secure a visa to enter Morocco in time for the conference. For Moroccan citizens, they could present any government-issued identification card with birth date and photo, if they don’t have a passport.
HOW TO ENTER
All entries must be submitted electronically, through this website.
There is no mail-in method of entry. Upon submission, each participant will be prompted to complete an electronic form consisting of basic personal information, such as name, last name, age, nationality, and e-mail address, as well as information about the kind of innovative work: Business, Organization/ Initiative, Start-up/ App or Invention and about the areas of work and impact. This information is needed to ensure entries to the contest comply with the Official Rules and Criteria.
Each video must be an original piece of work taken and created by the contestant and shall not have been published elsewhere or won another competition. The 2-minute video must answer the following questions:
- What is your story?
- How is your work innovative and original?
- What has been the impact of your work on others (community and country)?
By entering the contest, the entrant represents, acknowledges and warrants that the submitted image is an original work created solely by the entrant; that the entry does not infringe on the copyrights, trademarks, moral rights, rights of privacy/publicity or intellectual property rights of any person or entity; and that no other party has any right, title, claim or interest in the entry.
The video must not contain obscene, provocative, defamatory, sexually explicit, or otherwise objectionable or inappropriate content. Images deemed inappropriate by the IMF will be disqualified.
Judging will occur in (2) two rounds:
- The top 10 finalists determined by the IMF based on their innovative thinking and impact.
- In Round Two, a panel of judges including IMF and AMF representatives will review the ten videos chosen as finalists and select the three top innovators.
ANNOUNCEMENT OF THE WINNERS’ LIST
The winners will be announced online on the conference website at http://www.imf.org/Opportunity-for-all and IMFYouth.ning.com on December 22, 2017. They will also be individually notified by email.
The Contest participant will indemnify and hold harmless the IMF, against any claim brought by a third party alleging that the participant's video infringes on its intellectual property.
Copyright of all videos (and animations) submitted to this competition remains with the contestants. However, by participating in the competition, all contestants agree to grant the IMF a worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty free, license to use, reproduce, copy, publicly display, sublicense, modify and fully exploit any video submitted.
THIRD PARTY RELEASES
Upon request, entrants may be asked to provide a signed release from all persons who (1) appear in the video or (2) who have copyrighted material of any kind that appears in the video, granting the IMF and the Arab Monetary Fund (AMF) the rights to display their likeness or their copyrighted material as it appears in the video in any media whatsoever in connection with the Contest. Failure to provide such release in a timely manner may result in disqualification.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
The IMF assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, or delay in operation or transmission; communications line failure; theft or destruction of or unauthorized access to the contest entries or entry forms; or alteration of entries or entry forms.
RIGHT TO CANCEL OR SUSPEND CONTEST
If for any reasons, the contest does not proceed as planned, due to any causes beyond the control of the IMF that corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Contest, the IMF reserves the right, to disqualify any individual(s) who tamper with the entry process, and/or to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Contest.
International Monetary Fund (IMF, 700 19th Street NW, Washington, DD 20431) in collaboration with the Arab Monetary Fund (AMF).
Contest is open worldwide, except where prohibited by applicable law. Applicants must be citizens of the following Arab countries: Algeria, Bahrain (Kingdom of), Comoros, Djibouti, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Mauritania, Morocco, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Somalia, Sudan, Syrian Arab Republic, Tunisia, United Arab Emirates, West Bank & Gaza Strip, and Yemen (Republic of).
October 5, 2017 @ 12:00 AM (US EST) — November 30, 2017 @ 11:59 PM (US EST)
How will winner be chosen
Submission round, IMF selections of top 10, Judging round, Prize Claiming round
Prize Draw Date
December 22, 2017 @ 11:59 PM (EST)
Three (3) Day Trip to Marrakesh, Morocco to Present at the Opportunity For All Conference (January 29-30, 2018). (No cash value)
Number of entries per person